A Hotel’s Guide to All Things Google (E-Book)
March 3, 2016 8:49am
Hotels might not have felt an earthquake when Google jumped into instant booking last year; in fact, many were so focused on massive OTA consolidation that Google instant booking may have appeared as barely a blip on the industry seismograph. However, a closer look at the state of online bookings shows that what Google Travel aims to do is reach travelers at every point of the booking pathway, and Book on Google (the hotel instant booking feature) is one among many ways in which hotels will need a presence in order to effectively compete for visibility and market share.
1. A Google search shows paid ads in the above-the-fold results, followed by Google hotel listings. (Google Hotel Finder has been phased out, but Google continues to host meta-search in the search results and in Google Maps.
2. Below-the-fold is where the organic hotel results reside, which are increasingly
challenging for hotels to achieve.
3. OTAs are paying Google for booking presence on their hotel interface. Simultaneously, Google is competing directly with the OTAs by offering instant booking to hotels.
4. While OTAs and big hotel brands have the budget and marketing power to appear prominently in any of the above scenarios, for small- and medium-size hotels, a Book on Google presence may be the most direct way to reach the traveler.
5. And either way, a presence across all of these categories is quickly becoming essential, because traveler behavior is changing. Travelers are searching in hundreds of “micro-moments” (as many as 400 for a single trip) on multiple devices across a variety of channels, according to Think With Google’s Four Mobile Moments Changing the Consumer Journey.
The bottom line is: hotels need help. Help parsing out why it matters, help understanding all the ways to reach travelers via Google, help knowing which ways are even feasible for hotels that don’t have a big brand name. These are all key to gaining the visibility necessary to get in front of travelers.
“All Things Google: A Guide for Hotels” will walk you through not only why Google still matters, but how hotels can go about effecting change in order to drive bookings, especially profitable direct bookings.
This E-Book includes information about:
1. Why reviews on Google matter and how you can influence them
2. How to achieve better organic rankings in the highly competitive search engine results
3. What hotels needs to know about ever changing Google Hotel Ads (especially the new hotel commission option)
4. How to appeal to travelers with Meta-Reviews on Google (especially on OTAs)
5. Information about Google Trip Planning, Google’s new mobile interface for travel
All Things Google: A Guide for Hotels is currently available for free download here.
TrustYou is on a mission to improve the travel experience, from finding the right hotel to having the perfect stay, and we work with hotels, destinations and travel websites to make that happen. TrustYou analyzes hundreds of millions of travel reviews scattered across a vast, fragmented market and transforms this content into actionable insights and visualizations that enable travelers to improve their trip planning and industry players to improve their offerings. Our products include:
TrustYou Stars: An advanced guest satisfaction survey tool that allows hotels to gain more reviews and enhance their content on Google.
TrustYou Analytics: The world’s leading online reputation management tool that allows hotels to analyze and influence their online reputation.
TrustYou Meta-Review*: Global review summaries of all verified reviews written worldwide that are displayed on hundreds of sites like Google, Trivago, KAYAK, Skyscanner, Wego, Sabre GDS, as well as on hotel’s own brand websites.
TrustYou Radar: A native mobile app available for iOS and Android that allows hotels to connect with guests directly from their mobile phone.
For more information about TrustYou, visit www.trustyou.com.
*TrustYou Meta-Reviews only contain verified reviews and do not include reviews from TripAdvisor.
Contact: Margaret Ady
+49 89 552 735 115
Is Google Out to Kill Bookings Competition?
Save the Date: Milestone and Google to Host Webinar on Customer Journey, May 17 at 11:00am
TrustYou Expands Presence in Southern Africa Through Strategic Alliance with Distribution Partner Rainmaker Digital
Pan Pacific Hotels Group Appoints TrustYou to Manage All Guest Reviews and Surveys Through One Feedback Platform
TrustYou Solidifies International Presence Through New Partnerships Around the Globe
Are Chatbots the Key to Guest Satisfaction?
How Paying Closer Attention to Guest Reviews Can Impact Your Hotel's Bottom Line
TRIPBAM and TrustYou Announce Hotel Review Data Integration Partnership
TrustYou Study Uncovers Travelers’ Online Search and Booking Behaviors
Technologies That Will Have a Major Impact on Hotels in 2017 and Beyond
RIU Hotels & Resorts Chooses TrustYou to Manage and Analyze Feedback Globally Through One Guest Feedback Platform
2017 Will Be The Year of the Hotel Guest
ASKA Hotels Sees Tremendous Reputation Increase Through TrustYou Partnership
TrustYou Expands South American Presence Through Partnership with Slaviero Hotels
TrustYou Introduces Next Generation Hotel Review Summaries to Have Greater Impact on Guest Decisions
TrustYou Extends Connect Initiative with Free Meta-Review API for Web Agencies and their Hotel Clients
Modus Hotels Selects TrustYou for Integrated Customer Communication Platform
Skoosh Selects TrustYou to Provide Meta-Reviews for Its Travelers
Playing Possum and Penguin: A Hotelier's Guide to Navigating Google's Recent Algorithm Updates
TrustYou Launches Extensive Partner Program TrustYou Connect Offering Free Guest Feedback Solutions
Please login or register to post a comment.