17 Things to Consider When Planning for 2017
August 17, 2016 9:26am
1. BUILD YOUR ANNUAL STRATEGIC PLAN
The strategic direction should be defined by your entire senior leadership and key department heads team. Take a strategic look at these 7 places:
2. THINK TOGETHER. Meet offsite with your leadership team to discuss current results and indicators. Open with the question: “If we could do anything to quantum leap our market share, revenues and/or profitability, what would we do?”
3. THINK OPENLY. Begin your plan with a concentrated review of your Vision, Mission and Brand Strategy. Ask how to expand your imprint and strengthen your point(s) of differentiation. It leads to innovation.
4. BE A CHANGE INSTIGATOR. Identify what must change, what needs to change and what obstacles you need to remove in order to make those changes effective.
5. CANI (Constant and Never-Ending Improvement). Review your meetings, meeting agendas and outcomes. Look for redundancy. Tie meetings into improv- ing processes, optimizing time and maximizing productivity.
6. ASK. What are your operational improvement areas?
7. REVIEW FEEDBACK. What does your social media tell you about your operation that you need to change, enhance or leverage?
8. WHO ARE YOUR BEST CUSTOMERS? How do they think? How do they prefer to buy? Who else thinks and acts like them?
9. REFLECT. What does distribution look like today? What is the optimal distribution approach? How can you improve margins through shifting your channels?
10. FINISH THIS SENTENCE: “People love hanging with us because...” What is the narrative you want to create and be known for?
11. HOW ENGAGED ARE YOUR PEOPLE? Are they “all in”? How competent are they? What training needs refreshing (minimum every 2 years) and what training needs to be developed? You should have something new every year to keep your people learning and your guest experience evolving.
12. GRADE YOUR TALENT ON A SCALE OF 1-10. Everyone. Where are you strong? Where are you weak? What are you going to do about it? Look at the 3 indicators of high performance:
13. HOW CAN YOU REFRESH YOUR SERVICE? What is special about the experience? Find your signature.
14. EXAMINE. What are your opportunities to leverage pre-arrival wallet share capture?
15. REVIEW YOUR FIRST IMPRESSION TOUCH POINTS. What enhancements do you need to make? Consider your arrival experience, website, front door, parking lots, hallways, elevators, etc.
16. WHAT IS YOUR DEPARTURE EXPERIENCE LIKE? Ensure it makes every customer say, “I really love this place!”
17. BUILD YOUR SALES & MARKETING PLAN
Think and prepare before you move. Planning is a thinking process. It requires quiet space and time — as many as 50 to 100 hours — to develop a truly well designed plan. We call the process TPM™…Think. Prepare. Move. If you think and prepare first, when it is time to Move, you move better, smarter and faster.
Need some help facilitating your annual retreat? Want help thinking differently about your business and how you will drive stronger results through strategy in 2017? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK to access 10 more things to do in preparation for 2017
Founded in 1995, Aspire is an internationally recognized brand working with service-oriented businesses effectively instigating change and capturing the magic within their organizations to increase profitability and market share. This highly creative team plans strategically, aligns teams, develops leaders and talent through engaging and fun training, and helps bring Brands to life. Imagine your organization with everyone engaged, aligned and performing to full potential.
Contact: Jeffri-Lynn Campbell
New Book Helps Leaders Shine Despite Global Whining
How Can You Motivate YOUR Team?
How to Kick Ass in 2017
Talent Protection Plan
Aspire Wins Bronze Stevie® Award in 2016 Stevie Awards for Women in Business
Aspire. People. Performance. Profits. Named Finalist in 13th Annual Stevie® Awards for Women in Business
26 Questions 2 Ask: Drive Your 2017 Voice Channel Results
Aspire Launches New Online Learning Environment
Renie Cavallari Honored as an Outstanding Woman in Arizona Business 2016 by Phoenix Business Journal
Aspire Receives Recognition as Finalist in 2015 Stevie® Awards for Women in Business
A Culture of Success: How Businesses Build—and Sustain—Employee and Consumer Confidence
The Missing Link in Your Re-Positioning Strategy
AHLEI and Aspire Launch "The Art of Leadership: Foundations" Workshop
New Book Provides Tools for Leaders to Skillfully Challenge the Status Quo
15 Steps to Re-Igniting Your Hotel's Strategy for 2015
Aspire Wins Award in 2014 Stevie Awards for Women in Business
10 Essential Check-Ups for a Healthy Call Center
Fun is More Business than You Think! (Video Competition)
Educational Institute Partners with Aspire. People. Performance. Profits. on Leadership Development
2 Surefire Ways to Improve Your Hotel's Customer Experience
Please login or register to post a comment.